Sunday 20 February 2011

Production Log- Week 4

This week I have learnt about what conventions and themes appeal to my target audience, in addition I have also discovered what are the most popular forms of distribution available for me that will appeal to my target audience. I learnt that British Social Realist films are more likely to appeal if the film has some relevance to occurances in society at the time it's being made and if the film has realism to it such as the film being based or inspired by true events.

I have learnt that the institutions involved in the production of a british social realist film will try to target their film at a particular niche audience and have themes in their production that will appeal soley to that audience. The production company will also try to implement controversial themes that occur in current society so as to appeal to it's target audience and tackle subjects that most other films would be afraid to do. The production company will also try their best to use existing locations to avoid rising the budget of their picture because it's cheaper for them and adds to the verisimilitude to the film if they use an existing location, this is also why they tend to use unknown or not very well known actors because it's not a recognisable face they'll accept the film with more ease because the character could be an average person and not a celebrity.

This will inform my production by having a film that has themes that'll appeal to my target audience and will also most likely be inspired by true events. I will also use existing locations as much as possible and will use an unknown actors to increase the verisimilitude of my product.

No comments:

Post a Comment