Tuesday 8 February 2011

Institutional Information-Opening Sequence





I was tasked to draw out a timeline that would annotate all of the credits in the opening sequence in Martin Scorsese's "Raging Bull". This did not just include annotating the credits but also the music and sound cues and also the actions of what was occurring on camera at the credit and sound cues. The clip lasted 2.29 seconds (not including the production company logos).

Jobs that I've made notes of to definitely include in my opening titles are; The director along with the "A *insert name* Production" because the audience need to know who has put the production together and it will also allow the director and production company to get more attention by other talented individuals and become more aware of by their target audience for future productions.

I would also like to have the credit "A Zak Gorman Picture" because it'll allow my audience to become familiar with my work and in the future when seeing future films by myself they will be able to link my previous work with my newer work.

I will also include a "consultant" credit because this will give my work some authenticity which will benefit my opening scene because it's a social realist film which if it had a consultant would make it seem more realistic and would therefore add to the verisimilitude of the film.

Producer would be a necessity for my opening along with the writer because producers can produce a wide range of work which lets the film appeal to multiple not just British social realist audience. The writer credit would have to be included because the audience may be familiar with the writers work and if they're not familiar with the writers work they in the future will now be familiar with the writers work and it helps exploit the writers work.

I will give the credits Casting, Visual Consultant and Editor because I think that these credits are significant enough to deserve a spot at the beginning of the film instead of the end. The roles of Editor and Casting could not make my production possible and so in turn deserve a position at the start of my opening credit sequence. Visual Consultant will be used because as I said before it adds to the authenticity of my production and will allow the audience to believe more in what is occurring on screen.

Acting credits will be used because it allows the audience to recognise familiar names of actors they may have heard of and will get the audience more interested in the film.

Director Of Photography: A cinematographer

Associate Producer: When  production companies are involved in a project, the head of the smaller company may be given the title of associate producer, and the head of the larger company is called the producer or executive producer. In this case, the associate producer is not so much an assistant as a junior associate.

Screenplay: screenplay or script is a written work that is made especially for a film or television program. Screenplays can be original works or adaptations from existing pieces of writing




 

No comments:

Post a Comment